The Canadian Association of Thoracic Surgeons (CATS) is dedicated to ongoing excellence in education.
- The association has a close working relationship with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Thoracic Surgery Specialty Committee, which oversees Canadian postgraduate training in Thoracic Surgery.
- The CATS also fosters lifelong learning and the dissemination of knowledge through support and endorsement of research and continuous professional development activities.
Education Committee is Growing
- The CATS Education and CPD Committee is excited to welcome three new resident representatives:
- Dr. Iran Tavakoli
- Dr. Awrad Nasralla
- Dr. Uzair Jogiat
- We are looking forward to working with these future thoracic surgeons and leaders.
Annual Exam Prep Course
- The CATS Education and CPD Committee Is currently planning the annual Exam Prep Course for graduating thoracic surgery residents, tentatively scheduled for September 2021.
- We are looking for interested thoracic surgeons to help administer practice oral exams during the course.
- If you are interested in participating as an instructor please contact Simon Turner (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- To become involved in CATS educational initiatives, contact cats@CanadianThoracicSurgeons.ca.
We will be rescheduling this course for 2021. Stay tuned for more info.
Royal College Exam Prep Course for Thoracic Surgery Residents
Announcing the second annual Exam Prep Course for residents taking the Thoracic Surgery Royal College exam.
Open to graduating thoracic surgery residents only.
Chair: Simon Turner, CATS CPD Committee Chair
Target Audience: Graduating thoracic surgery residents
By the end of this course:
- Learners will be familiar with the structure and conduct of the Thoracic Surgery Royal College exam
- Learners will be able to describe strategies for success in the oral exam, as well as potential pitfalls to avoid
- Learners will have the chance to practice their oral exam skills in group and individual practice sessions that closely replicate the exam environment
Presenters and Topics: