Established in 2016, the Canadian Association of Thoracic Surgeons (CATS) Distinguished Service Award recognizes those CATS members who have made significant contributions to CATS and/or far-reaching contributions to the specialty of thoracic surgery from a clinical, educational or research perspective.
Criteria – The nominated physician must be a Canadian citizen who is a CATS member in good standing and will have shown one or more of the following:
- Demonstrated outstanding service to the CATS organization and its members.
- Provided exemplary clinical thoracic surgery care and be recognized by the individual’s peers as a dedicated physician.
- Promoted an atmosphere of respect and dignity in all individual relationships with patients, allied health professionals and colleagues.
- Assisted with educating and mentoring students, residents, fellows and/or colleagues..
- Contributed to innovative thoracic surgery research.
- Made significant contributions to the education of thoracic surgeons in Canada through curriculum development, design or delivery.
- Made significant contributions as a healthcare leader in improving the delivery of thoracic surgery care locally, provincially, nationally and/or internationally.
- Served as a strong ambassador for Canadian thoracic surgery internationally.
Selection – Recipients will be selected by the CATS Executive Committee based on the submitted nominations.
Nomination – The selection committee will require a cover letter outlining the reasons for the nomination, accompanied by the curriculum vitae for the nominated CATS member. Nominations will be accepted for the annual award from March 1 to April 30, 2018. One award is given out annually and will be presented at the annual CATS meeting.
Please send the nomination information to:
Sean Grondin, CATS President