Previous Award Winners
|Year||Distinguished Service Awardee||Location|
|2017||Gelfand, Gary||Calgary, AB|
|2016||Dubois, Paul||Moncton, NB|
Call for Nominations 2018 (now closed)
Established in 2016, the Canadian Association of Thoracic Surgeons (CATS) Distinguished Service Award recognizes those CATS members who have made significant contributions to CATS and/or far-reaching contributions to the specialty of thoracic surgery from a clinical, educational or research perspective.
Criteria – The nominated physician must be a Canadian citizen who is a CATS member in good standing and will have shown one or more of the following:
- Demonstrated outstanding service to the CATS organization and its members.
- Provided exemplary clinical thoracic surgery care and be recognized by the individual’s peers as a dedicated physician.
- Promoted an atmosphere of respect and dignity in all individual relationships with patients, allied health professionals and colleagues.
- Assisted with educating and mentoring students, residents, fellows and/or colleagues..
- Contributed to innovative thoracic surgery research.
- Made significant contributions to the education of thoracic surgeons in Canada through curriculum development, design or delivery.
- Made significant contributions as a healthcare leader in improving the delivery of thoracic surgery care locally, provincially, nationally and/or internationally.
- Served as a strong ambassador for Canadian thoracic surgery internationally.
Selection – Recipients will be selected by the CATS Executive Committee based on the submitted nominations.
Nomination – The selection committee will require a cover letter outlining the reasons for the nomination, accompanied by the curriculum vitae for the nominated CATS member. Nominations will be accepted for the annual award from March 1 to April 30, 2018. One award is given out annually and will be presented at the annual CATS meeting.
Please send the nomination information to:
Sean Grondin, CATS President